Blues Rock Connection is going to help your guitar playing in a number of ways.
You might be hitting a dead-end wondering when how you’re going to get the most out of those Pentatonic Scales you’ve been working on.
Or, you may be stumped when it comes to expanding your blues rhythm beyond a standard 12 Bar Shuffle.
We’ve all been there which is why we decided to put together a course that starts you down the path to effortlessly integrate the rock FIRE into your blues playing.
In this course, Corey is going to show you how blues went from Albert King, Buddy Guy, BB King, Freddy King, and Chuck Berry & morphed into Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Jimi Hendrix, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Billy Gibbons (just to name a few).
The best part is, every one of these bands used 12 bar blues progressions as a starting point to their songs.
The ability to change the timing, phrasing and feel can turn your solid blues foundation into something entirely new!
So what is the plan?
The goal of Blues Rock Connection is to make you a well-rounded guitar player. To do that we need to focus on elements of both rhythm and lead guitar.
In the rhythm sections, you will learn:
- Corey's Chord Cluster Approach, taking pieces of bigger chords to make 2-3 note chord shapes to create more interesting rhythmic approaches
- How to create single line rhythm parts, perfect for complimenting another guitar player
- How to add riff-based rhythms to your shuffle playing
- Use chord inversion slides commonly heard from players like Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, and all Southern Rock bands.
...And let's not forget your picking hand, you'll inject new life into your rhythm by incorporating syncopated funky rhythms.
In the Lead Section, you will learn:
- How to connect and combine Major and Minor Pentatonics Scales to craft solos like your heroes
- How to create tension and flirt with outside tones using chromatic licks
- Hybrid Picking licks and techniques to play killer double stops and pentatonic runs
- How to take advantage of popular intervals such as thirds and sixths in your solos.
- How to target chord tones to take out the guesswork and make intelligent note choices in your solos
Over 3 hours of lessons that will help you move from standard blues playing to Blues Rock!
- You’ll get a classic Rock Shuffle style tune with a full solo and rhythm part. This ain’t your average blues tune!
- A Rock Funk style song that has a solo full of major and minor pentatonic licks and while targeting chord tones. Imagine putting SRV, Hendrix and the Red Hot Chili Peppers in a blender and that’s what you’ll get!
- A killer rock chromatic lick that harkens back to Corey's hair metal period!
- Need a chromatic lick for your blues shuffle that will help you add just about any note to your runs…we got that too!
- Do you ever wish you could really get the most out of just one lick? Corey will show you how to do that using techniques you might be neglecting lick slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs!
- Unique backing tracks for all of the tunes and each performance is fully transcribed with in PDF and Guitar Pro formats.